We're sorry that you had an accident and we're here to make you feel better. However, before your motor vehicle accident visit, there are some items that the office personnel and you will need to know. Whether you are a new patient or an established patient, we need the following information.
Click here to fill out the information we will need before we begin treatment.
(All information will be sent to the office with encrypted data.)
Did you file a claim with your insurance company?
- We do not do third party billing for services.
- Whether or not the accident was your fault, if you have car insurance, we will need your information to file the claim. If that car insurance has medical coverage we will file all claims to them first.
- If you do not have medical coverage on your auto policy, we will file the claim to your health insurance. We will need a letter from your insurance adjuster stating you do not have medical coverage when filing motor vehicle accidents to your health insurer. You will be responsible for any co-pays, co-insurances, or deductibles due.
- If you do not have insurance of any kind you will need to pay out of pocket costs up front. Make sure you keep all of your receipts so that you can be reimbursed by the responsible party when your claim settles.
- Please come with a claim number and mailing address so that we can file your claims without incident.
- Please have your accident date available
- Make sure to tell your healthcare provider exactly what happened in as much detail as possible.
- New patients, please arrive with all the afforementioned information and a photo ID.